Saturday, 26 January 2013

Les Miserables

The Miserable. So, I watched Les Miserables with my good friends in uni after having survived an agonizingly long and heart breaking week. and indeed, by the end of the week, I felt miserable. anway..

So..My friends and i watched Les Miserables (finally! been looking forward to watching this movie for almost a week now) This moving truly is an epic movie. A timeless piece. A captivating movie that needs to be watched by every soul on earth. I am aware that the movie I had just watched is a remake. but I think every generation should be able to watch this movie.  this movie, although tragic in most of its parts gives one hope because in a way, each of the characters triumphed over whatever they were facing.  triumphed over the demons that haunted them. 

This movie broke my heart in a million pieces. each of the characters' stories were beautiful in their own right. but of all, I would have to say, eponine and fantine's stories just killed me. Broke my heart to a million mismatched pieces. These parts especially got tears rolling down my face.

Eponine's story just broke my heart. maybe because I could relate to her in a way. 
I was basically crying like a baby when it came to this part of the movie. The emotions. the disillusionment. the hopelessness. the helplessness. twas too much for me. 

This movie made me cry. but you know, this movie taught me something too. That everyone. everyone. has struggles. has demons to fight. has to sacrifice something. no exceptions. Everyone has a reason why they are the way they are. Everyone wakes up each day and fights a battle that only they know about. I realized that no matter how hopeless life gets, it too, shall pass--that seemingly losing battle we are fighting. and Although the world may become a horrible place filled with equally horrible people, one just needs to push on. and trust that everything will be okay in the future. 


Life wouldn't be life if we didn't experience hell once in a while. we wouldn't appreciate the good times. that peace wouldn't have as much value as it would it we never know how it feels to be at war.

Basically, I think you should watch Les Miserables! and Read the novel by Victor Hugo tooo! i'm planning to grab a copy as soon as finals is over or maybe midterms. we'll see.

(: x
dani

No comments:

Post a Comment